000053

The Church in The Sea

By Alf Bailey

The church of St Cwyfan's stands on a small island off the coast of Anglesey North wales. Known to be in existence in 1254 it was later enlarged and refurbished in the 14th and 15th centuries Originally built at the end of a peninsular, the erosion by the sea caused the Church to be cut off at high tide The battle with sea never ends. However against all odds the small but strong community continue to use the church to this day and it has now become very popular with weddings and baptisms.

The Church in The Sea